DataHawk's powerful Alerting & Reporting tool for Amazon will help you set up daily email alerts to be sent to you or people in your team based on specific triggers or changes occurring across products you track in your account.
Naturally, you can set up alerts for any product on Amazon, including those belonging to your competitors. You simply need to be tracking those products.
How can DataHawk’s Product Alerting Tool help you?
DataHawk has a very reliable and scalable monitoring and tracking system. Our powerful software gives brands and manufacturers an edge to optimize their success on Amazon, whether they are 3P on Seller Central, 1P on Vendor Central, or on a wholesale relationship with other 3rd party sellers on Amazon.
It allows you to protect your Brands from Hijackers, enforce your MAP policy, and track your products’ data and performance and shield your reputation. It allows you to track the steps of your competitor, thus giving you insights on the competitive dynamics on Amazon. With the help of daily email alerts, you can track and monitor your competitor’s actions, benchmark against them and take analytical measures to perform better. It gives you the ability to rectify the issues on your Amazon account, for example, bad reviews, hijackers, loss of Buy Box, etc.
How does DataHawk Product Alerting Tool Work?
You can create all sorts of Amazon alerts, for example,
- New Seller Alerts: Know when a specific seller or any new one appears on any product's Buy Box.
- Negative Review Alerts: Get notified when a product receives new negative 1-star or 2-star reviews.
- Product Listings Alert: Be informed when Title, Description, Bullet points, and A+Content changes, etc.
To trigger the alerts, there is a set of properties given by the DataHawk Product Alerting Tool. The different properties that can be used to trigger Alerts are:
Listing Details properties
- Bullet Points
- A+ Content Availability
- Number of Images
- Number of Videos
Reviews and Ratings
- Number of Reviews
- % of Critical Reviews (1 or 2 Stars)
- % of Positive Reviews (4 or 5 Stars)
Buy Box and Pricing properties
- Sales Rank or BSR
- Number of Sellers
- Buy Box Owner
- Buy Box Availability or Status
- Listing Availability or Status
- FBA Status
You can either choose the already customized templates by DataHawk or use the above Custom trigger properties with the following rules to track products according to your preference and logic.
- any change
- is known
- is unknown
- is true
- is false
- matches value
- does not match value
- goes overvalue
- goes undervalue
- increases or decreases by more than a relative value (%)
- increases by more than a relative value (%)
- decreases by more than a relative value (%)
- increases or decreases by more than an absolute value (#)
- increases by more than an absolute value (#)
- decreases by more than an absolute value (#)
There are 3 steps to setting up an alert:
- Create an Alert Group
- Create one or multiple Monitors or Alerts
- Select one or multiple Triggers for each Monitor or Alert
How to create an Alert Group?
In your DataHawk account, click on the Core section from the left navigation menu.
Then click on the Setup an Alert button to create your first Alert Group.
You are now going to create a new Alert Group and a new Monitor or Alert.
An Alert Group is a combination of multiple Monitors or Alerts. It's a single email you'll receive based on the Monitors or Alerts you set up in it, which in turn are based on the Triggers they include. There different ways to use the Alert Group :
- Either to define different groups according to different teams of a company, eg: for SEO team (listing related challenges).
- You could also differentiate alert groups for the different parameters that trigger the alerts, for example, Product listing or Best Sellers or Buy Box.
- Or it could be grouped by the products you're currently selling or your top-selling products only or products you directly compete with.
There are tons of possibilities; it's up to you to define how you want to organize your alerts!
Next, you need to define the Scope of your Monitor. The Scope represents whether you want your triggers to be based on specific products, or on specific projects.
You can select one or multiple projects or products that you previously tracked on your DataHawk account.
Select your Trigger(s) or Rule(s)
Each Monitor or Alert is based on one or multiple Triggers or Rules. A Trigger or Rule is a change in a product's property.
To set up your Trigger(s), you have the choice between pre-configured Trigger Templates that our team prepared as examples, or custom Triggers that you can create and customize.
- Enters the top 10 sales rank:
when a product enters the top 10 sales rank or BSR in a category, i.e. ranks between position 1 and 10 in a category on Amazon.
- Drops out of the top 10 sales rank:
when a product leave the top 10 sales rank or BSR in a category, i.e. ranks above position 11 in a category on Amazon.
- Become top sellers:
when a product becomes the top seller in a category, i.e. ranks in position 1 in a category on Amazon.
- Buy Box is lost:
when a product loses the Buy Box.
- New seller competing:
when a new seller appears in the Buy Box, even when they don't win it.
- Price decreases:
when the price of a product decreases by 10%.
- Title changes:
when there's any change in the title of a product.
- Media changes:
when there's any change in the number of images and videos of a product.
- Changes in product listing:
when there's any change in title, description, bullet points, media or A+ content of a product.
- Critical review changes:
when the percentage of one-star and two-star reviews increases.
You can also start from a Trigger Template then edit it by enabling it then pointing your mouse over it and clicking on the Edit rules icon.
- You can also create your own custom Triggers or Rules by clicking on the Create Custom Triggers button.
When creating a custom Trigger, you first have to select a Property, then an Operator, and potentially a Value for the Property, depending on the Operator you selected.
You can add as many Triggers or Rules as you wish.
You can access Reports that summarize the changes that occurred between two specific dates across the products you have in an Alert Group.
To do so, from the Report section, select an existing Alert Group and two desired dates. By default, the Report will compare the changes that occurred over the past 24 hours. You can also click on the Advanced Settings icon to display triggered alerts based on additional filters.
Each Alert Group you create will send a daily email alert to you or people in your team if any of the Triggers or Rules contained in its Monitors are triggered. Additionally, the email alert will redirect you to the relevant report on DataHawk.
Set up alerts from your project and product page
You can also set up your alerts from your project and product pages.
- To set up an alert from your project page, click on the quick actions button on the top right of your screen, and select Setup an alert [Beta]
Your project will be automatically added to your Scope:
- To set up an alert from your product page, click on the setting icons on the top right of your screen and select Setup an alert [Beta]
Your product will be automatically added to your Scope: