1. Business Intelligence (BI) Tool: A BI Tool is an application that allows the user to access and analyze data, typically through a combination of an intuitive point-and-click user interface and support for programming languages such as SQL (Structured Query Language). BI Tools generally are where dashboards containing a company’s vital metrics reside.
2. Dashboard: A dashboard is a visual display of data structured in a way that enables the user to uncover trends and insights that wouldn’t have been evident otherwise.
3. Database: A database is a structured set of data held in a server, accessible in various ways. Databases are meticulously organized into tables containing data on different objects (e.g., products, keywords, ranks, etc.). Moreover, they are accessible through numerous tools, including all of our available destinations.
4. Database Credentials: Database Credentials are the authentication information needed to access a database from an external tool (such as a BI Tool or another destination). See how to use your credentials to connect to a destination here.
5. Data Feed: In the context of Connections, a data feed refers to the structured, aggregated data we send to your Google Sheets. This data is curated by us to be easily usable and ready for immediate consumption.
6. Data Integration Tool: Data Integration Tools are pieces of software used for transferring data from some source to some destination.
7. Data Science Tool: Data Science Tools are used for analysis and predictive modeling through machine learning and statistical techniques.
8. Destination: A destination is a tool that retrieves data from a database to accomplish numerous types of data-driven workflows. Once again, see our full list of available destinations for reference.
9. Pre-Built Dashboard: Activating the Google Sheets destination sends automated and customizable reports to a Google Drive folder. These pre-built dashboards include DataHawk-prepared visual analytics which reference Data Feeds.
10. Snowflake Ecosystem: The Snowflake Ecosystem includes all tools that allow a user to access data residing in a Snowflake warehouse/database.